Search This Blog

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Mystical Dance, I worked for longer time on this. I have been traveling between creating this bobbin lace. I love to play with colors. It is amazing what you can create with just 3 values of one color.
This is long 120cm and wide 50 cm.





Born from eternity. This is small piece.










Mystery

This is self hanging piece. It is long 2,30m and large around 60 cm. For creating Mystery I used colored coton rope. When I colored pore, I forgat that I do not have a gloves on me and I put rope from coloring bath to fixative. Result...... I had blue hands for a two weeks..... Mystery found its home in Switzerland. ....... After few week my hands got natural collor back




2 comments:

  1. Hi Daja, your Mystical dance is adorable and so is the Mistery piece.
    What did you dye your rope (or was it cotton yarn) with - synthetic or natural indigo or something else?
    And yes, just three values of one colour are elegant, effective and expressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ladka,I am using natural cotton rope and I am using tide dye colors. Usually I would start with the lightest color and add to it another and so on till I get the darkest. This way all colors are in harmony.

    ReplyDelete